How to handle f***boys
^^ Listen to this spicy episode of New Mindset, Who Dis as I get real on this topic 🙂
It’s time to take back your power in dating and relationships.
If you find yourself in the ‘dating merry-go-round’, going on date after date after date, let down by someone, disappointed in how you’ve been treated, all the times you’ve been ghosted, all the times you’ve felt unsure about what you’re doing or where you’re heading… I have some perspective for you.
Take back your power and stop thinking about POTENTIAL!
Here’s a BIG fact. F***boys make you believe in potential that isn’t there. They draw you in with a false sense of confidence about your compatibility, what you might become as a couple, and who they might be capable of becoming as a person.
Only thinking about potential leads to:
– someone think they can keep you on their roster.
– someone thinking they can hit you with a “u up?” text and think nothing about sending it to 3 other people.
– someone thinking they can string you along, ghost you, gaslight you, etc.
You allow yourself to get in those situations when you become blinded by the potential you so desperately want to see in someone.
When you only look at potential, you start saying things like
– He went through a lot in his last relationship, so I’m being patient. I’m just giving him time and then it’s going to be great.
– Ya, he only texts me on the weekends because he’s so busy during the week. But once things settle down it’s going to be great.
– He or she said that hurtful thing but didn’t mean it, we were drinking… it won’t happen again.
We turn a blind eye to what we deserve because we’re so fixated on potential!
But we can open our eyes to what we deserve.
Do the following with me:
Consider that person or that relationship and ask yourself.
– If you were to stop being the first one to reach out, what would happen?
– If you to stop calling or texting or setting up dates, what would happen?
Simply put, if you were to stop putting in effort… what would happen?
Hopefully you say nothing would happen and that you’re both on the same page.
Great! I’m super happy for you.
But if that’s not the case… now is a good time to realize you’re getting f***boy’d!
You shouldn’t have to ever win someone over. You should never fight for someone who isn’t willing to fight for you.
Take a good, hard look at that person.
If nothing were to change about that person, about how that person treats you, about how that person communicates with you and so on and so forth… is that enough for you right now? Is it enough to make you happy?
No? Then that person might not be the person for you.
Look at who that person is right now instead of who they might become.
Stop being so thirsty for potential! Stop being desperate for potential!
Bottom line is… you deserve more.
You have to see things for what they are RIGHT NOW.
If you don’t see it or feel it, maybe it’s time to consider hitting the road.
If someone isn’t showing up for you or makes you feel unappreciated or insecure right now… that should trump any belief in potential.
You deserve more NOW. Not tomorrow. NOW!
When you see someone for who they are right now instead of who they might be… that’s when you wake up to what you truly deserve.
That’s how you take your power back.
Trust me when I say that acting on this is the best thing you can do for yourself.
You’re not missing out, you’re not falling behind, you’re not being selfish and you’re not needlessly throwing away a good thing.
You’re simply doing what’s right for you.