The “I’m shook” mindset.
^^ Listen to this New Mindset, Who Dis episode on the “I’m shook mindset.”
I think the best thing you can do in your life is to push yourself to have a mindset where you look back – every 6 months, a year or even 6 weeks – and say “I’m shook.”
I’m shook by who I was 6 months ago, by what I used to do, by what I said, how I dressed, how I acted, what I thought I wanted… and so on and so forth.
The best growth mindset to have is to be shook by how you used to be.
It’s a mindset that drives you to say… “I’m going to make 6 months ago me look like an absolute idiot.” 🙂
Make your goal in life to be shook by the person you used to be and to be able to genuinely say “I’m shook” every six months or every year because you’re pushing yourself to grow.
- I’m shook by… how I used to think I looked good with bangs LOL.
- I’m shook by… when I used to think it was cool to go out every night, black and out. Party, party, party.
- I’m shook by… the bullsh*t I put up with at that old job.
- I’m shook by… what I thought I used to want in a relationship.
- I’m shook by… how I used to think having that car, that watch that vacation would mean I had it all.
Say that in a genuine way that celebrates your growth!
Be shook but excited because those things are evidence that you’ve grown and that’s something to not only celebrate but continue doing.
Life is an opportunity to be shook by who you were the day before, the week before, the month before and the year before.
Say it with me: I’m shook by who I was because I’ve leveled up so much since then.
Say: I want to be shook by who I am right now.
With a hunger to grow like that you’ll believe two things so fundamentally that every year or every couple of months you’re going to be shook by your growth because it’s inevitable.
Your growth is going to be inevitable.
- You’re going to believe that the world is abundant and you’re going to shift from a “I can’t” mentality to a “How can I?” approach to life.
- You’re going to move away from thinking that opportunity, chance or luck is only for a select few and instead you’re going to believe that abundant opportunities surround you.
- You’re going to believe that YOU can get lucky, that YOU can meet the right person and that opportunity is everywhere.
- You’re going to start to ask for what you want. You’ll start demanding what you want. You’ll ask for that promotion, you’ll decide to leave your job, you’ll audition for that gig you want, you’ll submit your art, music, creative talent, you’ll hit publish, you’ll create, you’ll go for something or someone you used to think was out of your league.
When you do that you’ll look back 6 months from now and you’ll say “wow I’m shook by how I didn’t used to see this. My eyes are open now!”
That’s the I’m shook mindset.
Anyone can do this.
Anyone can wake up and live with a I’m shook mindset because all it is being so hungry for growth that you’ll naturally find yourself doing, exploring and asking for more. You’ll find yourself raising your hand, taking that trip, sending that email and experiencing so many more firsts in your life.
It’s inevitable when you adopt this mindset.